I've noticed recently that every time I feel that I like someone, that someone will end up liking someone else. I'm kind of like the main character of that movie, Good Luck Chuck, except I don't have to go around fucking people in order for them to find their true love, I just have to like them. It's happened to me so many times now that I am hardly surprised anymore. It still hurts, of course, but I'm not surprised. And when it happens, I just back off. I've tried putting my hand in that cookie jar before and, believe me, it isn't worth the heartache. I used to believe that maybe the person that I like would choose to love me back instead, but that was when I was young and dumb.
Now, I just totally steer clear of her. I'd love nothing more than to spend time with her, even if it's just as friends, but I know that I wouldn't be able to stop myself from wanting more. You see, whenever I'm left to think about it, I just tell myself over and over again. 'If you don't try, you can't lose.'
I've lost too many times. I'm barely standing. Another big one and I'd totally lose it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment