My results have just come out. I wake up to a phone call from a friend telling me to check it. I do so, and after about 5 minutes of trying to figure it out, I realize my CGPA. I then call my mother to tell her my CGPA. I personally think that my CGPA isn't that bad. As usual, however, my mother simply says "What?? Why didn't you get higher?" She has an expectation for me that's rather ridiculous. At the very least, congratulate me on my achievement and THEN continue to say that she'd like me to do better. Instead, she just gives me a very disappointed sigh.
Even in the past, I told her that I achieved 23/25 for a quiz. She immediately asked me "Why didn't you get 25/25?" For God's sake woman, give me SOME credit. It's rather frustrating...to have your own mother disappointed with you. The fact of the matter is, if I actually did something disappointing then I wouldn't mind her being disappointed. HOWEVER, I think that these are achievements/victories/accomplishments.
I pride myself for my ability to put myself into other people's shoes and be quite understanding. I simply can't even imagine what it is that my mother is thinking when she does this. Ah well, C'est La Vie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment